C&C 1 installing under windows 2000

how can i install c&c 1 on win 2k. . i went to PlanetC&C looking for help and i found something. it said that i have to change the compability mode Make sure you are logged on to Windows 2000 as a user with Administrative priviliges (or as the Administrator account itself).

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar33.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-16
how can i install c&c 1 on win 2k.. i went to PlanetC&C looking for help and i found something.
it said that i have to change the compability mode

Make sure you are logged on to Windows 2000 as a user with Administrative priviliges (or as the Administrator account itself). If yours is the only account on the system then it's probably an administrator account. Administrators accounts can make any changes in the control pannel, so if you can do that then you're an administrator.
Open the start menu and click on "Run..."
Type: regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll
Hit Run (or press enter)

i did it and there were no compability options (there was no compability tab at all) in properties

can someone help me..?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

316 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-23
Did you get a message saying that it was registered successfully? Also this only works for Windows 2000 SP2 and above.

If the above are true, then you have to go into the Properties of the shortcut, not of the exe itself.

So, create a shortcut to the setup/install/game exe and then do properties on that and it should be there (i hope!)

Set whatever compatability layer you wish and click OK. Then execute your shortcut.

----
Scin

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-16
OP
the above is true..and i went to the properties of the shortcut
but still no compability tab....and i have s pack 4

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-16
OP
still nothing.
but will win98se help?
i mean doing a dual boot with win2k and 98se
it has to run under win98se.

and is it possible that something goes wrong and the data on hard drive is lost when doing a dual boot system?

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

316 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-23
I would imagine that you need to get your hands on something like Partition Magic.

You can spilt your hard disk into two (or 3, 4, 5....) and with the new partition put 98 on.

Of course this can go very very wrong!

Lots of articles on the net about dual booting. Heres one of the better ones:

http://www.webtechgeek.com/center-Frame-win-SuperTechGeek-Dual-Boot.htm

as that article says, research is the key.

If I remember right, isnt C&C DOS based?? I seem to remember something about Red Alert opening in a DOS box even when you ran it in Win95......

Maybe there is something (free) out there that can help you out with DOS emulation.

I gtg right now but if nothings happens in the meantime I'll post back tommorrow

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-16
OP
about the emulation thing.. dosbox can be used but i can't use it ;([marquee]dosbox[/marquee]