9800 pro crashing problem

Alright, I have been trying to fix this problem for MONTHS to no avail. I have: Athlon XP 3000+ 1gb Corsair DDR 400 ASRock K8S8X mobo 9800 Pro 128mb (VisionTek XTasy) After my computer has been off for serveral hours and it completely cooled down, I go to start it up, I starts loading windows.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-24
Alright, I have been trying to fix this problem for MONTHS to no avail. I have:

Athlon XP 3000+
1gb Corsair DDR 400
ASRock K8S8X mobo
9800 Pro 128mb (VisionTek XTasy)

After my computer has been off for serveral hours and it completely cooled down, I go to start it up, I starts loading windows. Bam, it shows the mouse on a black screen for a split second then hard resets on its own. Rinse, repeat. The only *safe* way to start it up is to hit f2 to bring up the bios and let it heat up for 10 minutes. I narrowed it down to being a video card problem or just a problem with windows trying to do something to my video card which causes it to crash right at startup. I know this because I put in my old geforce 5200 in there and it started up after not being used for over a year without a hitch.

Please... please please, try to give me an idea what is wrong with it. Over the past couple weeks it takes longer and longer to start up and Im afraid my video card will die (which I cant afford). Thank you.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.