Acer RC500

Hi all. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has one of these machines. I have a base model Celeron 2. 6(8? - can't remember) 256 (probably slug speed DDR, haven't checked. ) and a 40 gig el cheapo disk.

Slack Space 1613 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

83 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-07
Hi all.

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has one of these machines. I have a base model Celeron 2.6(8? - can't remember) 256 (probably slug speed DDR, haven't checked.) and a 40 gig el cheapo disk. I'm more than capable of adding all the stuff to the machine, the only issue I'm having is getting the damned thing apart. I've figured out the first two steps, but I can't get the face of the box off. Until I figure it out I can't put any IDE's in it, or get access to two of my ram slots... grrr.

Of course, there doesn't appear to be a schematic for it on the net - after a fairly solid gooogling I can't find anything except the useless end user "this is a PC" PDF. This is the first PC I've ever brought from a store, and the only machine I've had with a legit OS, I'm happy to pull it apart, but I want to avoid physically breaking anything, there's also about a million cable types I'm not familiar with stuffed inside.

Can anyone shed some light on this delimma?

Cheers.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.