An unepected error occured (536854784) at............

Hey all well, my pci. sys problem did not work even after trying a few things a friend said, so now i am trying to repair using the XP CD or even a fresh install. SO! - i put in my Xp cd - boot up form CD, Xp asks if i want to install any 3rd part scsi or raid driver shit F6, then ask to hit F2 to do that other rep ...

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
Hey all

well, my pci.sys problem did not work even after trying a few things a friend said, so now i am trying to repair using the XP CD or even a fresh install.

SO! -

i put in my Xp cd - boot up form CD, Xp asks if i want to install any 3rd part scsi or raid driver shit F6, then ask to hit F2 to do that other repair option.

if i leave it, or hit F2, it then says:

Code:
An unepected error occured (536854784) atd:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c.

This iS RIGHT at the start of the setup.
Now, i formated my D drive, there is NOTHING on it now, as well as my c drive (i put it in another comp to back up all my crap)

So my C and D drive are clean, nothing on em.

i burned a copy of XP and tried each disk, as well as well as a warez copy, same error.

the HD works fine in another computer - as i am now backing up 30g of stuff so i can delete the paritions and start from scratch (is an 80g drive) - hope that will work

Just curious if anyone had an idea's why it may be saying this??

Bad mobo? is what i am thinking........

This is my VAIO system below

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.