Anyone try the new VIA "Hyperion" 4.46 drivers?

Quote:Downloading now, @ 4. 1kb/second. . . SLOW! Man. . . I only dream of downloading things that fast 8) It'll sure be nice when broadband is available here. I was on cable at my previous home, I really got used to 400-600kb/ sec there.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

239 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-19
Quote:Downloading now, @ 4.1kb/second... SLOW!

Man... I only dream of downloading things that fast 8)
It'll sure be nice when broadband is available here. I was on cable at my previous home, I really got used to 400-600kb/ sec there. Now, lucky if I can get 3.
Oh well, maybe that 'l33t Ratpadz will speed that up too

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

238 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-25
Alec, i cant seem to download those drivers....
Can u give me a working link?

Also, how do i know if i installed the drivers..... there isnt an entry in the add-romvove programs....

238 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-25
Thnx mate,
Alec, i found out it sais VP6 on all the files, if u hold ur cursor over the file it does say vp6 at the end!

i cant seem to send an e-mail, invalid_session error....

117 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-09-14
To anyone looking for the new VIA 4in1s.... Go to
http://www.guru3d.com
There is a VIA Drivers section and they have it posted there. I got mine without any problems from them.

117 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-09-14
You know, I read alot of VIA bashing on the forums here, but to be honest I have never experienced any problems with my KT133A set. My system runs flawlessly. But maybe its my type A personality. I am always grabbing updated drivers for everything in my system. VIA and AMD FOREVER!!!!

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

266 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-25
Try video capture Was extremely difficult on my old VIA based Celeron 633 and is now a breeze on my SiS based XP 1700+

266 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-25
Most of the problems I had with the old system relating to video capture were related to the VIA chipset not CPU Speed.

Not sure what VIA chipsets are like nowdays but I know the one I used to have as my main system (693A) wasen't impressive.

266 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-25
It's my Celeron 633. It doesn't have the capture card anymore.

117 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-09-14
FLASH! I am now starting to experience strange things after installing the new 4.46 VIA drivers. My pc is now running noticably slower. I now recieve an intermittent bootup problem. When conducting a logged boot my system is hanging on the mup.sys drivers. I have experienced this before but come to find out it was a bad harddrive. Now I have a new MAXTOR drive and havent experienced this since installing the new drive. Now it is happening again with the new 4.46 drivers allbeit randomly. Anyone experiencing similar? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Riddle of the day*******A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid?*********