ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I went and spent £114 on this card, four weeks later in turn my computer on and what do I find, pinks lines on my screen, I don't really know if it’s the cards it’s self or something else doing it, but it’s a start.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-27
I went and spent £114 on this card, four weeks later in turn my computer on and what do I find, pinks lines on my screen, I don't really know if it’s the cards it’s self or something else doing it, but it’s a start. I play a game called Planetside (online) and the graphics are poor now, I get weird shades of color and out of place graphics, so I can't see who in front of me half the time.

I need help!!!! ;( has anyone else had the same problem?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

198 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-03
Is your power supply a high quality 350+ watt? The card could be defective, or you could have a weak power supply that can't handle the Radeon's draw. Try pulling all the power connectors except the mobo and Radeon and see if your pink lines go away.

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-27
OP
Well up[censored] the divers made it worse, and I can't see any thing in the bios that’s helping, so the card has a problem, I tried everything under the sun to solve the problem, but nothing, looks like a new card for me, and ideas, I got an MSI mother board, so what about an MSI card.

Thanks for the help