AWE64 in Windows Server 2003

I have a Creative Soundblaster AWE64 ISA device in a PIII 800 box running Windows Server 2003. I've wanted to get the audio working and have been unable to locate any drivers or information, however Google brought me to this forum, in particular this location: This article refers to a post or article somewhere (I'm ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-11
I have a Creative Soundblaster AWE64 ISA device in a PIII 800 box running Windows Server 2003. I've wanted to get the audio working and have been unable to locate any drivers or information, however Google brought me to this forum, in particular this location:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/cdetail10472.html

This article refers to a post or article somewhere (I'm assuming somewhere on these forums) regarding a copy-and-paste method. The relevant text follows:

-------------------------------
UPDATE: Using the cut-and-paste method described in "SoundBlaster AWE 64 ISA" does work, however only the wdma_ctl.inf and ctlsb16.sys drivers need to be copied from another source. The other two files are included in the WS2K3 \Windows\system32 directory.
-------------------------------

I cannot find the article this refers to. Does anyone have more information about how to make this card function in Windows 2003? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
I do not believe you need to worry about that. Just copy the .INF and the .sys to where they need to go and see if it works.

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-11
OP
Originally posted by dosfreak:

Quote:I do not believe you need to worry about that. Just copy the .INF and the .sys to where they need to go and see if it works.  
I gave that a shot yesterday. I copied the files to a temp dir and browsed to that folder when adding the driver. The options the .INF gave me were things like "Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device", "Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Synthesizer", etc.

I chose the System Audio Device for the card itself and the GS Wavetable Synthesizer for the wave device. Windows 2003 reports the devices are present and working properly, however I still get no sound (Standard Edition). The Windows Audio service is started.

Viss

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

250 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-26
Morning all,

Found this AWE64 driver for Windows 2003.

Hope it helps.