Battlefield 1942

Is the single player value any good? I wan't to play this game, but I HATE, DESPISE, LOATHE online playing. There are to many jackasses out there for it to stay fun. Should I bother or stick with MoH:AA (and Spearhead for the matter)?.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

75 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-08
Is the single player value any good?

I wan't to play this game, but I HATE, DESPISE, LOATHE online playing. There are to many jackasses out there for it to stay fun.

Should I bother or stick with MoH:AA (and Spearhead for the matter)?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
IMO, the single player (based off the demo) is just multiplayer with bots. I personally just started playing BF:1942 online about 2 weeks ago, and yes, there are quite a few people who want to ruin the fun for others. What you should do is try to find a server with fewer people, and more regular players. I would recommend a server with maybe 8 players as a max, as it seems with fewer players, there is less tolerance for that type of stuff. Also, having an admin nearby never hurts, either.

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

309 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-07-13
Actually if you stick to the official servers you should be okay. they disable team killing so you don't get the twits on as much and I have played with some pretty cool people on there as well.
Hope to see ya soon (so I can frag ya! lol)
take care
S

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

163 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-26
look for "cracked tweakedserver" for good multiplay, ff is off and i ban lamerz.

team play is strongly encouraged.

only 10 players, but that is more enjoyable IMO. Most of the players are very regulars.

FYI, i run a cracked server because lamerz have been generating cd keys and stealing the use of them from people who bought the game.
3 of my clan mates cd keys are useless now. ;(

i DO NOT condone warez, its just the only way they can play now .

enjoy.