Boot up Xp, 2000 server. any suggestion?

Have originally installed 2kpro on my C: and then a chinese version 2k advanced server on another HD. the Boot. ini on C:\ was added with a line. and a boot. bin also. then the boot up screnn is in chinese and till then are everything fine.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

11 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-02
Have originally installed 2kpro on my C: and then a chinese version 2k advanced server on another HD. the Boot.ini on C:\ was added with a line. and a boot.bin also. then the boot up screnn is in chinese and till then are everything fine. then C:\ war formatted withou backup anything ;-(. and I have now Xp eng with sp 1 on C:\. any idea to bring my 2k server back without new installation?. I have tried to edit the Boot.ini. but seems that the line i added wont work. thanks for any response!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Try XP recovery console and type HELP, I believe you want the FIXBOOT command.. This will check for NT valid installations (Windows 9x,NT4,2K,XP) and add to BOOT.INI.

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

11 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-02
OP
I 'v not tried it out. determin to install the server on another PC. but thanks anyway. and I think It's not so convenient to make the ARC DISK. and i do not have the bootup CD. ;-(.