burner problems in windows 2000

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone knew why i cant burn cds in windows 2000. The burner can read cds and i can access them, but when it comes to burn using the prgm and by using windows it says the cd is full or it cannot be read.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-07
Hi guys
i was wondering if anyone knew why i cant burn cds in windows 2000. The burner can read cds and i can access them, but when it comes to burn using the prgm and by using windows it says the cd is full or it cannot be read. I have checked with other cds and this message still appears, and the burning program detects the burner, the software i am using is Easy CD.

Some help would be great

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

1457 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-12-18
Download and try Nero instead of EasyCD. Go to your Device Manager and look to make sure how your CD is connected on the Primary or Secondary IDE and that it has DMA support. If it has only PIO change it to DMA if available.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-07
OP
it was set on PIO, i set it to dma if available, and it still gives the same error, but when using easy cd it says please insert a recordable disc into the target drive. The windows method of burning also says read and the cd is full. any other suggestions? I am currently trying nero