C10000B6 Harddrive not showing up in My Computer

My situation is I took 2 harddrives out of my brothers computer to copy the important info off and make both bootable and put them into seperate computers but then I had problems. The first time I put them in my computer no problem.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-19
My situation is I took 2 harddrives out of my brothers computer to copy the important info off and make both bootable and put them into seperate computers but then I had problems. The first time I put them in my computer no problem. Then I restarted my machine and now they are not in "My Computer". I go to computer management and it shows one of the disks as Healthy Basic and Online even though its not, and the other Disk 2 Dynamic Offline. I try to reactivate and it says
INTERNAL Error - The disk group contains no valid configuration copies (C10000B6).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

So I found an article on ntcompatible and I used R-Studio and I can see the data from Disk 2, but Disk 1 has all the important My documents files and R-studio scans it and reports a bunch of these
? MFT File Unexpected MFT record 12345 at 1234567890. If you are scanning RAID and this messge will reappear constantly, check RAID for consistence.
Both harddrives where just Master and Slave no RAID at all. Does any one have any suggestions on how I can recover the data from Disk 1?

Thanks

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar26.webp

690 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-06
Sounds like the drive has been set up as a RAID possibly Stripe and its not being recognised as a RAID. You would be better off returning them to original computer and boot off a another HD on the original PC to read it.

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-19
OP
I found out that in the original computer I had made them Dynamic Disks but never RAID'd them, and I did a search on the web and it turns out that other people have this problem where dynamic disks don't like to me moved around. I had to use Ontrack DiskRecover software to retrieve the data.

data/avatar/default/avatar17.webp

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-01
just ghost the drives, copying all inforamation from every sector on the drive onto another drive.