Change 100Meg MAC-preformated disks to PC-formated

Got a good deal on some MAC pre-formated 100Meg Fuji Zip Disks (5 for $30), but I need to reformat the disks to PC. Since I was unable (with any of the disks) to go directly to Full Format, I had to follow the following procedure.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

199 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-30
Got a good deal on some MAC pre-formated 100Meg Fuji Zip Disks (5 for $30), but I need to reformat the disks to PC.

Since I was unable (with any of the disks) to go directly to Full Format, I had to follow the following procedure. Seems to have worked.

I first right-clicked on the ZIP Icon in MY COMPUTER, then left-clicked Quick Format (other options were greyed-out). When Quick Format was complete, I left-clicked on the ZIP Icon in MY COMPUTER, where I was allowed to perform a Full Format. This procedure appears to have worked on 9 of 10 disks. One of the disks, however, would not allow me to Full Format after the Quick Format.

Should I anticipate any problems using the Quick Format-only disk?

SnapperOne

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

17 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-08-08
There is nothing different between pre-formatted discs accept the formating, so all should be good for the first nine. For the tenth disc though, I would not trust anything important on it. It sounds like it might be on its deathbed.