cloning xp with ghost 2003

I need a little help. I am Building a new cpu for my mother in law. I did a fresh install of xp pro on her hard drive. But drive is too small (3. 1 gig wd) so I used norton ghost 2003 to a bigger drive, but now the new drive will only boot to starting window screen with no user buttons to log on to.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

29 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-24
I need a little help. I am Building a new cpu for my mother in law. I did a fresh install of xp pro on her hard drive. But drive is too small (3.1 gig wd)
so I used norton ghost 2003 to a bigger drive, but now the new drive will only boot to starting window screen with no user buttons to log on to. Also I put drive onto primary ide channel. Yet if I plug original drive onto secondary ide it will log on properly. What have I done wrong?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

29 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-24
OP
never mind, evidently when ghosting xp, you must not allow the computer to reboot after cloning disk. so i formated new drive, let ghost do its thing then as ghost reboots system, shut down moved new drive to primary ide and all is fine. amazing the things you can figure out when you go to support pages of software manufatures.
everybody have a great day.

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

1915 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-30
I tried using Ghost and it doesn't support UNC

Turned me off