DELL'S Live!ware for Win2000 missplaces a file or two.

After installing Dell's Live!Ware for 2000 when the system boots back up I get a message saying that a file is missing for AudioHQ. When I search for that file it is in the directory for the card. Where can I find a listing of where the files are suppost to go or where can I move this file to, to make it work.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

68 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-17
After installing Dell's Live!Ware for 2000 when the system boots back up I get a message saying that a file is missing for AudioHQ. When I search for that file it is in the directory for the card. Where can I find a listing of where the files are suppost to go or where can I move this file to, to make it work.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

43 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-05
We need more of a description other then it can't find a file for Audio HQ. Like what is the file name that it is complaining about?

------------------
DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

68 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-17
OP
Devcon32.dll is the file name but I found out that it goes in the C:\winnt\system\ directtory. But now I get other errors stating that When I try to run Playcenter an error comes up stating that the device is not configured properly and that I need to reinstall the device drivers.

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

43 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-05
Well I looked up on my system of where it installed that file and on my system it is located in the NT\SYSTEM32 folder, so try moving it there instead and then see what happens.

------------------
DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.