Diamond Stealth III/Speedstar a200

my gfs pc is an old HP pavillion. . and I put an 8mb PCI card on it to replace the 4 mb integrated vid card. . it works. . or so it seems. . problem is up the drivers. . I finally found a coopy of the drivers.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-12
my gfs pc is an old HP pavillion.. and I put an 8mb PCI card on it to replace the 4 mb integrated vid card..
it works..or so it seems..
problem is up[censored] the drivers.. I finally found a coopy of the drivers..put it on her PC..tried to run it..and it errors out..
there is a log..
it says something like.. Started Timer window in background
updated driver...failed returned -536870397 cannot install
they driver date ont he file is newer then what windows 2k pro reports as the currently isntalled driver..so I'm not sure why this is failing?
Does anyone have any ideaS?
(the integrated card has been disabled in the bios)

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
Don't windows 2000 have the driver for such an old card?

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-12
OP
Yes, but not the updated drivers... the drivers windows 2000 has are 99 drivers, there are some released in early 2000 that are newer..these are the ones I have and I'd like to update..but it seems impossible as I cannot tell what the problem is.

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
Try windows update or search the driverguide.com

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-12
OP
1) windows update does not contain the drivers
2) Driverguide does not have the drivers for 2000k, they only have them for 98se
it took me about 2 hours and a guy who runs a computer shop to find these drivers (they are extremely hard to find since s3 bought diamond, and most sites point to the ftp at diamond for their link to the drivers, and the S3 ftp does not have the drivers)
They are the only source.. but I have no idea why I'm getting a cannot install error.