DirectX and Windows 2000

I have installed DirectX 8. 0a on my laptop running Windows 2000. I am running an application that requires DirectX. When run, it actually runs Direct Player 6. 0 but a message saying This program needs at least 3MB of virtual memory to run.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-04-08
I have installed DirectX 8.0a on my laptop running Windows 2000.

I am running an application that requires DirectX. When run, it actually runs Direct Player 6.0 but a message saying "This program needs at least 3MB of virtual memory to run." appears. I've checked my virtual memory and it is actually set to 2GB.

What should I do?

Thanks.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

1030 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-19
Ok try running the program using the application compatibility program and tell it its win98

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

479 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-10-30
2G of Vmem?? you're nuckign futs!

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-04-08
OP
Well, if you have a laptop that runs a web server, an application server, a database server, the IBM Visual Age for JAVA IDE, you would also need that much virtual memory.

Haven't crashed eversince. Besides, that was how Dell setup my laptop.

In any case, I got it to work already by setting the minimum value to 1 GB instead.

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-10-24
Quote:In any case, I got it to work already by setting the minimum value to 1 GB instead.

How/where do you set the minimum value? I saw mine was set to 2, but didn't see an option to change the minimum.
;(
Thanks!