Disabling onboard VGA on a HP Brio BA410

Does anyone know how to disable the onboard graphics adaptor for an HP Brio BA410? I'm trying to help a friend out with upgrading her machine, & she's having difficulty getting her Radeon 9000 to work, which I'm hoping for her sake is just a case of having to disable the onboard graphics adapter, & not a compatibil ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

599 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-01-28
Does anyone know how to disable the onboard graphics adaptor for an HP Brio BA410?

I'm trying to help a friend out with upgrading her machine, & she's having difficulty getting her Radeon 9000 to work, which I'm hoping for her sake is just a case of having to disable the onboard graphics adapter, & not a compatibility issue.

Apparently the computer is posting [after a emitting more than the usual single beep], & booting, cos she can access the HDD from her other PC via the network, but she can't get anything to come up on the monitor when the R9000 is plugged in, regardless of whether the monitor is connected to the R9000 or the onboard VGA.

I told her all the usuall places to check for anything, manuals, BIOS options, any jumpers on the mobo, etc - no joy.

I've even downloaded the manuals & userguides myself & gone through them - no luck there either. The userguide describes how to replace everything, including the CPU, but mentions nothing about disabling the onboard sound or graphics.

I haven't even been able to find out what the motherboard is, altho from running the BIOS ID through a dedicated search site which indicated that the mobo could be made by FIC, but it looks like either that's wrong, or it's some sort of board made solely for OEM useage.

Can anyone help?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.