Display Driver- Windows 2000 adv server-Dell Inspiron 5100

hello every one, I am trying to find the display drivers for Dell Inspiron 5100 series on Windows 2000 Adv server. I could'nt find the drivers on support. dell, and checking out in google, but none seems to be working, I have display of only 16 colors.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-28
hello every one,
I am trying to find the display drivers for Dell Inspiron 5100 series on Windows 2000 Adv server. I could'nt find the drivers on support.dell, and checking out in google, but none seems to be working, I have display of only 16 colors...Hope I can get something out of this post..I've been loooking for the drivers for a while, If anyone has an idea how to update the disply drivers please let me know, Thanks for you help...
Ravi

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-05
I found this in a search, I hope it works because I am installing Windows 2000 on my 5100.

Posted by Brian Newbegin on September 16, 2003 at 22:50:27:

In Reply to: Re: ati mobility radeon m7 windows 2000 driver for dell inspiron 5100 posted by polo on August 23, 2003 at 08:49:29:

If you install Windows 2000 on your Inspiron 5100, the video drivers will not work until you follow these steps:

1. Update the bios to Version A22 or after

1a. Follow this link http://support.dell.com/filelib/format.aspx?releaseid=r65450

1b. This file contains an ISO image to be used to create a bootable CDROM image that, when booted from your CDROM drive, will flash your system BIOS. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to launch Roxio Easy CD Creator to burn to CD-R media.

1c. Boot up holding the F12 key to boot from CD.

1d. Follow the directions to update the Bios.

2. Update the driver using M7XPA00A.exe

2a. Follow this link http://support.dell.com/filelib/format.aspx?releaseid=r52900 or search the Dell website for this file. Don't worry that it says for XP only. It's not!

2b. Download the driver and then ONLY unzip the files to a location on your harddrive.

2c. Go to Control Panel Add/Update Hardware to install the driver (point to the .inf file).