Dray Tek Vigor 2500 & Linksys WRT54G NAT settings for broadcasting ???

Well hello, this is my first time trying this forum, and I hope it will help. Well. . . basicly I need to open port 8000 (or any other port) so that I may broadcast using Windows Media Encoder. . . I have a Linksys WRT54G router for wireless connection for my laptop, which is connected on a Dray Tek Vigor 2500 seri ...

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar13.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-02
Well hello, this is my first time trying this forum, and I hope it will help. Well...basicly I need to open port 8000 (or any other port) so that I may broadcast using Windows Media Encoder...I have a Linksys WRT54G router for wireless connection for my laptop, which is connected on a Dray Tek Vigor 2500 series modem..not on the first Lan output though, that one is reserved for my desktop pc..well I don't know which IP settings I need to use to open ports in the Dray Tek, telling it that if the Linksys wants access to the open ports..give it access..hope I am explaining this right, I guess, in order for me to open port 8000, they would have to be open on both the router and the modem, cause my laptop connects via Linksys>>Dray Tek.

This is how I see it

Laptop>>>open 8000 port Linksys>>>open port 8000 Dray Tek>>> Broadcast

but dunno which Ip I need to set to open port for the Linksys in the Dray Tek modem...and which Ipsetting for the Linksys...hope I haven't confused anyone, cause I myself am confused now

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar13.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-02
OP
So to make a long story short...how should NAT be between the modem and the router...?????

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Is it possible with that modem (DSL modem?) to disable NAT, since you have the Linksys router NAT'ting?

Otherwise just standard port forwarding in the router config would apply.