dvd-ram & windows 2003 server

does anyone know if there is a possibility to write dvd-ram's with win2k3 server? i managed to get the driver installed (winxp compatibility mode)and even got it formatted (not with the default application dvdform but with nero) but i cant write on the disc.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-11-30
does anyone know if there is a possibility to write dvd-ram's with win2k3 server? i managed to get the driver installed (winxp compatibility mode)and even got it formatted (not with the default application dvdform but with nero) but i cant write on the disc.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-11-30
OP
actually i found out, that incd isn't working either. seems like the same kinda problem. still nobody with any suggestion?

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
no clue - nero does not do it at all? whatabout roxio?

when you format it as you first formating it, then making a new disc to make or making your disc - then just telling nero to burn it and it then fornats it?

make sure your drive is supported by nero.

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-11-30
OP
the problem is, dvd-ram is meant to work just as InCD with some kind of packet writing i think. So you can't just burn it like a normal DVD-/+R/W (or maybe you can, but thats not the real purpose), but windows has to detect is as a real drive, were you can just copy your files on. it think perhaps the problem is that windows server 2003 doesn't really want a driver to get full control over a drive or somethink like that.

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-03
I had the same problem, but I resolved.

1. Install the DVD-RAM driver with Windows XP compatibility mode.
2. Use the formating tools also with XP compatibility mode.

data/avatar/default/avatar38.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-21
Has anyone tried using the DVD-RAM drive to back up the data automaticly in Win2003Serv? I have been trying to find info on this all over net. I wanmt to use the LG4082 DVD-RAM Drive.

Thanks