Earth 2140 on XP

Hi everyone, I have the original Earth 2140 cd. It works good under win98 system. But, I can't install it to XP system. It gives laserlock cd error. Can you help me please. . . .

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-06
Hi everyone,
I have the original Earth 2140 cd. It works good under win98 system. But, I can't install it to XP system. It gives laserlock cd error. Can you help me please...

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Laserlock is a form of copy protection. If I recall correctly, there was an early patch to Windows XP that corrected a flaw reading some forms of copy protection.

Have you installed all updates from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com ?

Have you tried running the game in compatiblity mode? This is accessed by right-clicking on the program shortcut, choosing properties, and selecting the "Compatiblity" tab. Some experimentation may be needed.

Are you (attempting to) run the game with local administrative privleges?

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-06
OP
Yes, I tried all compatible modes, but it didn't work. I think the problem is not laserlock despite of that it's giving that error. The main problem must be that 16 bit applications cannot run onder XP. Do you know are there dos simulations or some programs like that to run 16 bit applications on XP? Thank you for your patience anyway.