ES1869 Plug and Play AudioDrive

I am pretty sure this laptop I have has an ES1869 Plug and Play AudioDrive, however I have been unable to find a driver for it under NT 4. Its an old Compaq Presario 1621. It works perfectly on NT4 except for the sound problem.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-10
I am pretty sure this laptop I have has an ES1869 Plug and Play AudioDrive, however I have been unable to find a driver for it under NT 4.
Its an old Compaq Presario 1621. It works perfectly on NT4 except for the sound problem. Has anybody gotten this to work? If so, could you please tell me? I would really like to know! Thanks!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1547 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-05-29
Sorry it doesn't look like Compaq/HP has any support for NT4

However I did find some OEM generic drivers located at ESS Technologies

Please look at NOTE 3 as they say it may not work due to the fact that NT4 is not PnP compatible

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-10
OP
IF NT 4 isnt PnP compatible, how come I have a PnP service installed?
well anyway I tried those generic drivers that you linked to before, they don't work. When I go to install them I put in all the addressing information and all I get is a beep from the PC speaker.

I have not found a driver that has worked and I thought I would ask here before giving up and going back to Windows 95 or 98. Well I still have NT4 on everything else heh.

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-10
OP
Okay, here is an update to this story. I have fixed the problem.
As you know NT isn't too good at detecting problems. There was an IRQ conflict with my wireless LAN card. I found this out when I tried another driver that wasnt specifically for my card and it was complaining about all these IRQs and things being taken already where the soundcard should be. After checking a bunch of devices I found that my NIC card was using them. Upon disabling my NIC and rebooting with the sound driver, I got full sound. So now after a little bit of readressing everything appears to be running great.

Anyway, thanks to you who actually tried to help!