Flight Simulator 2004 running question

Hi! I recently purchased Flight Simulator 2004. Here are my system specs: Dell Dimension 4500 @1. 8 g P4, 128 mb RAM, 32 MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra Graphocs Card, SoundMAX Digital Audio. . . I want to be able to set the Display settings high, but when I do, the game becomes extremely laggy.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-12
Hi! I recently purchased Flight Simulator 2004. Here are my system specs: Dell Dimension 4500 @1.8 g P4, 128 mb RAM, 32 MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra Graphocs Card, SoundMAX Digital Audio... I want to be able to set the Display settings high, but when I do, the game becomes extremely laggy. I knwo I need more memory, but would you reccomend more memory or a better graphics card? If I got like 512 mbs of DDR (plus the 128 I already have) wouldnt that be enough to power the graphics card and the game, so the card can run at high settings? Wouldnt more RAM make the game run smoother/faster at high settings? I found tons of ram really cheap online, but graphics cards are expensive! If Im going to get a new one, I want to get maybe a 256 ATI, but the cheapest I can find is like $200! So, what would you reccomend I should do?

Thanks,

Jared G.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar26.webp

690 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-06
I would start with memory first, 128M is the bare minimum and FS2004 is v. resource hungry. Upgrade to 512M or even 1GB!
The Rage 128 is quite old now so upgrading to a Radeon card would be good step. Go for a mid range card e.g. 9600 or X600.