Fortissimo II digtal edit. in 2000/XP

when i use the 1. 50 drivers, i get at random a sound crash. A high pitch tone comes up and everything slows down. this is w/ games like opflash, strikeforce (ut) etc with the 2. 03 drivers i get at random a blue screen mentioning cwcspud which is part of the hercules drivers.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-08
when i use the 1.50 drivers, i get at random a sound crash. A high pitch tone comes up and everything slows down. this is w/ games like opflash, strikeforce (ut) etc

with the 2.03 drivers i get at random a blue screen mentioning " cwcspud " which is part of the hercules drivers.

The only way i can play is installing W98micro to the bone and installing only the neccesary drivers. And here only the 1.50 work, but withouth a glitch. 2.03 give me the blue screen also.

Al this has been tested under fresh install and even safest settings under bios.

I use the via 4.32 under w98. when i tried using the latest agp gart driver i got the high pitch tone also. It could be the newest agp but i am not sure and i first would like to hear from other people who had simular probs and maybe even solved it.

there are no irq conflicts

specs

Athlon XP 1800 @ 2100
IBM GXP60 - 40 gig
Hercules Fortissimo II - digital edit.
256 DDR - 2100 ( will soon be Apacer 512mb-2700 )

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

1047 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-04-17
For WinXP I don't thhink VIA 4-In-1's are really necessary, they caused problems for me, the default XP drivers were fast as it was. Check compatibility with your motherboard and its chipset with the sound card.