GA-K8NXP-SLI 2 x 6600GT Help please SLI not working

have been running a single XFX 6600GT for about 3-4 weeks fine. I decided to purchase another for SLI. I followed the manual and read the Nzone instructions which were straight foward and basically said the optins will just appear LOL.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-17
have been running a single XFX 6600GT for about 3-4 weeks fine. I decided to purchase another for SLI. I followed the manual and read the Nzone instructions which were straight foward and basically said the optins will just appear LOL. well there not both cards show in device manager and i have the latest board and card drivers.
board 6.39 driver
Cards Beta 71.84

i get to step four on the Nzone instructions and nothing happens i reboot and it does not say SLI enabled. (step four is where it should detect SLI and enable it) ( http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_sli_howto.html

p.s the card have the bridge and Nvidia task manager isnt coming up with sli option as if only 1 card was present

Ive tried All avialible Bios's F1 F4 and latest F6 and no luck.

Specs.

Fresh XP Home install today. (tried on old aswell)
AMD64 3200
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
2x Geforce XFX 6600GT
160g Maxtor h\d
x2 512 matched corsiar

THANKYOU ALL.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1547 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-05-29
Hey that's great news, I read THAT entire thread and if I decide on getting the Gigabyte SLI rig over the Asus model, then I'll know what to do