GF4 TI4600 Performence Trouble

I bought a JETWAY GF4 TI4600 and throw out my GF 256. But now iam getting strange freezings with the new card The card works very fine and i get all the framerates i should get. But suddenly, everything freezes and and stands still for 2-5 seconds and then start to run again.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar11.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-31
I bought a JETWAY GF4 TI4600 and throw out my GF 256. But now iam getting strange freezings with the new card

The card works very fine and i get all the framerates i should get. But suddenly, everything freezes and and stands still for 2-5 seconds and then start to run again. Iam using the latest drivers (29.42). The computer worked fine with my old GF board, so iam wondering if there are any changes you can make in bios or in windows to get it work as smooth as it should work.

Suggestions??

AGP settings:
agp apparture size: 256Mb
agp speed: 4X
Fastwrite: Off

Asus CUV4X.Intel PIII 733.512MB PC133
Jetway GF4 TI4600.SBlive Player.Pinnacle PCTVPRO(PCI)
Intel pro 10/100Mbit
Quantum FireballLS 40Gb.Seagate Baracuda2 30Gb.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

694 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-10
is your hd crunching during this "freeze"

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-31
OP
No, the hd is not working at all. Its like the whole computer is waiting. The only thing that runs fine during the freezing is the sound.

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
^^^^

this happens to me now and then in Grand theft Auto III

i am driving, it stops, but ti is only for like 1-2 seconds. and same, no HD activity...

i make sure everything is off in the back ground as well....

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

64 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-01-27
Is there a IRQ conflict? Sometimes when you do to many things at one time the computer will just lock up. I have found that network cards, sound cards and video cards shareing the same IRQ will cause lockups. Your video card should always be on its own IRQ

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-31
OP
Thanks for all the tips you gave, i tried all of them and the IRQ sharing gave o lot of performence incresing. But ive installed a temperatur monitor software and found out that every time i used hardware accelerated graphics the cpu temperature rised above the limits. My motherboard doesn't seem to deliver the proper voltage to the cpu when iam running AGP 4X. I tried 2X and the temperature was normal =(
I have to by a new board.

Thanks for the help and iam sorry for the bad english =)

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1438 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-04
Quote:Is there a IRQ conflict? Sometimes when you do to many things at one time the computer will just lock up. I have found that network cards, sound cards and video cards shareing the same IRQ will cause lockups. Your video card should always be on its own IRQ

I run nothing else, had the 30.82's? or 30.30's in no go

Also, the sound card is built in on my vaio, and i disabled the NIC card, no use for it

technology can realy stink sometimes.

iwill have to keep an eye on my cpu temperature. i would think a p4 1.8 could handle gta 3 @ 1600 x 1200 res, or even 1280 x 1024 with 32bit textures