Ghost 2003 glitch

Howdy. I am in the process of upgrading my hard drive (30gb to a 120gb) and am using the version of Ghost that is included in SystemWorks 2003 and am running into a little glitch. The image works fine - both C and D drives which are located on the 30gb HD are transfered to the 120gb drive with the proper ratio of e ...

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-07
Howdy.

I am in the process of upgrading my hard drive (30gb to a 120gb) and am using the version of Ghost that is included in SystemWorks 2003 and am running into a little glitch.

The image works fine - both C and D drives which are located on the 30gb HD are transfered to the 120gb drive with the proper ratio of extra space in each drive on the disk.

The problem is that Norton Disk Optimize will not work on the new disk. A small problem but one that might indicate other hidden problems. It starts and then just freezes. I left it on all night in case it was just taking a long time, but no go. All other programs seem to work correctly. I reverted back to the smaller drive for the time being. I am running XP in NTFS format.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-07
OP
I take it this is one that stumped everyone. There has been over 100 people checking out this post but no reply.

Any suggestions or directions I should look before resorting to tech support ($$)? Tech support is my last resort - I was looking for some advice before paying for the recommendation of "uninstall and reload" several times.

Thanks.

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
I wouldn't trust any Norton/Symantec progs...Unless they were Symantec ESM, Antivirus Corporate Products and Ghost. That's about it. Norton Utilities (System Works in it'sl latest incarnation) hasn't been worth the money since the old DOS Days. If all of your programs work fine then I'd say your good to go....but if you have bought this product and if you like the program then I'd recommend calling Tech Support.