Gigabit NIC on ASUS P4P800 Deluxe?

Hello all, I'm trying to connect Two PC's. A ASUS P4P800Deluxe to a Tyan TigerMP w/dual AMD Processors using a cat 5 crossover cable. The AMD PC has an Intel gigabit NIC. Both systems are Windows 2000 SP4.

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-25
Hello all,
I'm trying to connect Two PC's. A ASUS P4P800Deluxe to a Tyan TigerMP w/dual AMD Processors using a cat 5 crossover cable. The AMD PC has an Intel gigabit NIC. Both systems are Windows 2000 SP4. I'm running TCP/IP. I can only get the cards to run at 100mb. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something? Dose anyone else have this board running at 1000mb with the onboard NIC? This is the first time I've tried to use gigabit Ethernet and I don't know what the Hardware/Software requirements are.

Thanks much for any help!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

530 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-09
I think you need cat6 cables for gigabit lan.

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

13 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-16
i have a silly question, i have also a gigabit with my mainboard but i use it to connect to the interent with my broadband connection but i have to change the speed to 100 full/duplex in order to get the connection to work. is this gigabit intended to be used in wired networks only or do i have to get a faster broadband connection speed?