Hauppage WinTV Go + Radeon 8500 + WinXP SP1 = BSOD HELL!

Okie, I've been having major problems here ever since WinXP SP1 and I'll just say before I get started. . . yes, I reformatted and the issues keep coming back. Using Catalyst v2. 3 drivers for my Radeon 8500 Using latest drivers for Hauppauge WinTV Go PCI and latest WinTV2000.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

156 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-11-30
Okie, I've been having major problems here ever since WinXP SP1 and I'll just say before I get started... yes, I reformatted and the issues keep coming back.

Using Catalyst v2.3 drivers for my Radeon 8500
Using latest drivers for Hauppauge WinTV Go PCI and latest WinTV2000.
Using WinXP SP1.

Issues I have:

When using Catalyst v2.3 on Radeon, Hauppauge's WinTV2000 BSOD's with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in their driver file (H<whatever>.sys ... too lazy to look it up and type it).

When using Catalyst v2.2 on Radeon, Hauppauge's WinTV2000 does not BSOD... but channels will not change.

When playing CDs in Windows Media Player, sound stutters and visualizations freeze briefly. Yes, I tried using error correction and this happens on both CD drives I have.

I am using Asus P4B533-E BIOS release 1009, also.

I dunno what to make of this problem - it's amazing!

If any of you have this mix, let me know if you're having the same trouble, please. Thanks!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

156 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-11-30
OP
Bought it... I know about SP1's penchant for piracy

--Alexander

156 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-11-30
OP
Okie, actually, I've solved the Windows Media Player problem. Turns out when I installed SP1 or something else (who knows what), it kicked my CD-ROM drives into digital playback mode. That's a no-no for systems that can't handle it (although I have a p4-2.26ghz, I'm not sure why it cannot handle this!)... changing it back to analog fixed the problem. I have a soundblaster live! value, so I think that's my digital playback problems.

But the WinTV problem goes on...

--Alexander