Help!!!! ClonyXXL doesn´t work on my P3 600 with Win200 SP3!

Hi! I´ve been using Clony XL (not XXL), Clone CD 3. 3. x, TCCD, Daemon-Tools, and other utilities that allow me to make a nice legal backup copy of my best original games!!! Once and a while I update all my software, when possible.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-23
Hi!

I´ve been using Clony XL (not XXL), Clone CD 3.3.x, TCCD, Daemon-Tools, and other utilities that allow me to make a nice legal backup copy of my best original games!!!

Once and a while I update all my software, when possible. So, decided once again to update CloneCD (now I have 4.01.10), TCCD (I think I have 2.5, the latest version) and Daemon-Tools (3.17, also the latest).

I also have ASPI 4.71...

All these utilities work just fine, flawlessly!!! No problems at all!!!!

But there is one that is really p*ssing me off!!!!!
I also tried to "upgrade" from the old ClonyXL to the latest and very recommended XXL!!

But for some reason the s*n of a *itch refuses to run!!!!!!!!! I install with no problem, but when I try to run it, it just gives me a (0x0000005) error and the aplication is imediately terminated!!! WTF?????????? 8)

Error Message:
(Application Error) The application failed to initialize properly (0xaddress ). Click on OK to terminate the application.

"User Action:
This is a Windows 2000 Executive STATUS error message. After you terminate the application, try running it again. If this message reappears, contact the supplier of the application."

This is windows 2000 error message explanation.... This is the kind of error that occurs... Like if ClonyXXL would be incompatible with Windows 200 SP3!!! ;(
BTW I have the portuguese version. Don´t know if that's important...

I´ve tryed everything I could think of... I installed ASPI 4.60, 4.71, forced ASPI....
Reinstalled ClonyXXL 2 or 3 times... diferent files from diferent sites (I thought that the file was corrupted or something)...

I have ECDC 5.3 Basic with DirectCD 5.3 (the latest) in Win2000 SP3 (updated last week), and this program as well as all others (except Clony XXL...) work perfectly!!!!

I´ve tried only v2.0.0.6 of ClonyXXl and not any other but this is the latest and it should run perfectly!! Besides I see that a LOT of people use ClonyXXL and certainly a lot of them use Win2000 and the "buggy" ECDC but I haven´t seen anyone with this strange error...

I´ve even tried Qfixapp 2.5!!!!

I´m puzzled...

Any thoughts or ideas????

Please help, I´m lost in here...

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Is v2.0.0.6 the latest? I've always used this one and never been quite sure of their versioning system.

This version works fine for me with the latest ver of CloneCD....

As far as I know if ASPI is installed correctly (verify by running the ASPICHK in the ASPI 4.71 package) and if your copy of Clony is installed correctly then it should work fine. Clony is pretty self contained so it shouldn't rely on any other windows files....

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Wait wait...

No need to instal ASPI 4.6 or ForceASPI. IIRC, ForceASPI still uses and older versions of ASPI.

Just download ASPI 4.71 and perform an install x86. That will install the latest and greatest ASPI layer.

oh and I use CLonyXXL over here.

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

238 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-25
There are currently 2 different translated versions of CLonyXXL v2.0.0.6 going around, i have found the best version to be here , read the post and it gives you lots of info.
Hoope it works, if you have any more problems post it in the CCD forums, juts click the banner in my sig!

P.S If the links in the post dont work, got to the last few pages,we have given some good working links

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-23
OP
Fixed it!!! Nice, very nice... 8)

I´ll try to explain what I think the problem was...

First of all, I already had the version suggested by Immortal so this solution was no go....

So, next thing I did, that I had already done was reinstall ASPI 4.71.
Of course, everything remained the same...

Then I thought... well, last try... remove all clony reg entries from the registry and reinstall again.
Afterall I had ClonyXL before and I thought this one could hava left some regkey that could be interfering with ClonyXXL!! It seemed a good solution to me...

After removing all entries I rebooted and tried to reinstall again.

I usually don´t waste much time with EULA, readme, other reading stuff and recomendations. Well sometimes, like this one, that atitude proves to be unwise....

There is a warning in the install setup, right after file installation that reads "if you had installed clonyXL, then go to your windows folder and delete clony.ini".

So I searched the file... and I really found in WinNT folder!! I imediately deleted it, installed clonyXXL, rebooted the machine... and there it was!!! Clony XXL working like it was supposed to!!!! 8)

And BTW, it´s great!!!

Thanx for your help anyway guys! And sorry for wasting your time...