Help I have a Inspiron 5100 dell notebook...

Hello , a couple of days ago I ordered ATI Radeon 9200 for my laptop to play The Sims 2 better. . . when I got it everything was great but when I looked in steps I seen nothing for the setup for laptops/notebooks.

Slack Space 1613 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-13
Hello , a couple of days ago I ordered "ATI Radeon 9200" for my laptop to play The Sims 2 better...when I got it everything was great but when I looked in steps I seen nothing for the setup for laptops/notebooks...can anyone tell me how to install this card for my laptop? I already have "Mobility Radeon 7500" and it really sucks... ;(

Thank you
Katie-

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

1457 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-12-18
Are you asking how to install the drivers for the new card?

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-13
OP
I'm asking I guess how to install the big huge chippy piece thingy in my laptop LOL

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

316 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-23
Hi Katie

Try this (for the big chippie thing LOL):
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins5100/en/sm/palmrest.htm#1084976

Im not too sure on the warranty side of things- you might find the warranty is no longer... dont know if that matters to you or not!

Also, the 9200 should fit since there is a 5150 that ships with this GPU. So I'm guessing that the 5150 has the same housing for the video that the 5100 does .... at least I hope so!

good luck 8)