Help with Gforce256 and NT 4.0

I have just started the process of obtaining MCSE certification, and just istalled NT 4. 0 on my one system to help study. So i'm new to the NT world but not so green to computers. I'm trying to get my Guillemot 3D Prophet SDRAM to install with no luck.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-26
I have just started the process of obtaining MCSE certification, and just istalled NT 4.0 on my one system to help study. So i'm new to the NT world but not so green to computers. I'm trying to get my Guillemot 3D Prophet SDRAM to install with no luck. I'm using the latest Guillemot drivers from their site. The install seems to go ok but upon reboot it boots to a blank screen. I installed Service Pack 5 and still no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction? What am I missing to get this to work? Thanks for your time.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

1297 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-07-16
tell us more about your system everything

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-26
OP
Thanks for the timely reply. I have a

PII 350
128MB PC100 RAM
Abit BX6 Rev.2 BX 440 Chipset (Latest Bios)
Guillemot 3D Prophet AGP SDRAM
Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI
Echo Audio Gina Audio Card
D Link DE 528 Ethernet adapter
Pixie 19" Monitor
Yamaha CD RW 2216

I set up a Multi OS system with Parition Magic Only two active Partitions now, one with 98SE and one with NT4.0 workstation. Although I believe I will have to put NT Server on too to do all the lessons required for MCSE.
I hope I remembered everthing. The sound cards aren't detected and i'm not worried about that right now unless having hardware in the system that's not detected is a bad thing. If I left anything important out pleas let me know. Thanks again!!

data/avatar/default/avatar37.webp

45 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-20
Dude in your bios check to see if you have "Assign IRQ to AGP" enabled or something to that effect. NVIDIA cards generally require that an IRQ is assigned to the card. Make sure your main video device is set to VGA/AGP in bios. That should fix it.

GPR
256Megs of Crucial PC133 -->Cas2 under 100MHZ FSB
Windows 2K Professional
3D Prophet Geforce SDR 135core / 190mem
SB Live
13.6 MAxtor UDMA66/ 7200rpm/ 2MB Cache
50x generic CD-rom
4x2x8 Mitsumi Burner
NEC Zip 100 Atapi
Intel Pro100+ Nic
416/416 SDSL 3com 1meg modem
Sony 20" running Desktop at 1280x1024x32@75Hz
Antec 303x blah blah blah Tower
..Oh and an Athlon sticker proudly displayed on the case.

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

1297 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-07-16
Change the PnP OS to "NO" this get NT4 everytime. Yes I agree with GrannyPantyRaider you should "Assign IRQ VGA"

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-26
OP
Man thanks for the help. I can't believe it was that simple. I assigned and IRQ to the AGP slot and presto it worked. These are the little things I guess I'll be finding out are different in NT than 98. I hope I don't try your patience with more simple questions. Thanks again.