HELP with SL-915GPro-FGR

I just recently got a new mobo and processor. I got the SL-915GPro-FGR from soltek a 3. 0ghz intel. When I go to start it up it does a check for IDE components. After about a minute it gives me a firmware error and continues on.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-05
I just recently got a new mobo and processor. I got the SL-915GPro-FGR from soltek a 3.0ghz intel. When I go to start it up it does a check for IDE components. After about a minute it gives me a firmware error and continues on. Then it takes me to the screen to select how to open XP. I select one and then shuts down and restarts same thing over and over. I then went into my bios and looked at the drives and it doesn't reconize anything but my hard drive on IDE3 which is on IDE 1. Whats going on here? Please help me out...UGHHH

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-02-23
I am also having a similiar problem here. I have the SL-915GPro-FGR mother board and installed a 40GB hard drive. The drive is recognized as Third IDE Master and not Primary IDE Master. Everything is set for the hard drive to be recognized as Primary Master, but it does not seem to work. It will also not recognize the CD-ROM at all that is installed on IDE 2 - The hard drive is installed on IDE1.

Any ideas? Is there something in the BIOS that I am missing, a step or change of settings.

Thanks,

Eric