help:display problems using geforce2mx400 on heavy games

hi again, i've a geforce2mx400-64mb,agp card. It works fine for everything for nfs5,video,tv etc. But when palying heavy games sometimes while in the middle of the game horizontal lines appear,and worst case monitor goes on and off,the power and signal lights remain,the cables are fine,this happens in games like ww ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-09
hi again,
i've a geforce2mx400-64mb,agp card.It works fine for everything for nfs5,video,tv etc.But when palying heavy games sometimes while in the middle of the game horizontal lines appear,and worst case monitor goes on and off,the power and signal lights remain,the cables are fine,this happens in games like wweraw,serioussam etc.
p3600e,128mb sdram,20gb samsung,vibra 128,etc..
guys please help me out cos this is very irritating also i've latest nvidia drivers insatlled.
Also what are detonater drivers,are they fast and where do you get them.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1547 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-05-29
The first thing I would do is to reseat the graphics card but I would remove it and clean out any dirt/dust in the case too then check the contacts on the graphics card for any currosion/dirt and clean this with a pink perl eraser, be sure to check both sides of the card edge connector.

After reseating I would test out the machine once again with the same games and see what happens.

Also since you've mentioned that you have the latest graphics card drivers, how about the motherboard chipset drivers, especially the AGP drivers ?!?

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-09
OP
ya i cleaned the contacts but the problem remains,and about the mobo drivers i don't have windows installs by itself,there are no devices (?) missing in the device manager,i had a via 693 mobo originally it had problems so the vendor gave me a brand new 440bx 3 yrs back and that idiot didn't take away the driver cd of the old mobo nor did he give me the new driver cd of 440bx,now how do i determine who's the manufacturer of my mobo,sissoft sandra say's Vtech is the manufacturer,but there is no sign of support on ther e website.....