HP N5250 W2K Migr issue--battery driver??

Hi, I'm having an odd problem and was wondering if someone had a solution. I have an HP Pavalion n5250 that I recently upgraded to W2K from ME. Everything moved over fairly well with the exception of the battery driver and the video driver.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-30
Hi,

I'm having an odd problem and was wondering if someone had a solution. I have an HP Pavalion n5250 that I recently upgraded to W2K from ME. Everything moved over fairly well with the exception of the battery driver and the video driver. (Video driver can be found at S3 graphics for those interested)

Anyone have any ideas? I've done some searches, tried to see what 2K could find, upgrade service packs, etc. Nothing.

I was thinking I might be able to get the driver file and tell 2K to use the compatibility function and pretend ME was still running, but I don't even know what file to look for.

Any help would be appreciated as HP has nothing on their site.

Thanks,
Squid

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

1915 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-30
Have you checked HP' site?

And are you running Service Pack 4?

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-30
OP
S: I've got SP4 installed.

T&S: Yeah, I've tried that driver package from HP. (although I did redownload and install everything just to make sure that that wasn't a newer link/package) Windows still can't seem to find any drivers for the battery.

On a side note...I'm not sure if this is affecting anything, but I do get a "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem" error about the config.nt file. I'm still looking into that issue to see what it means. Do you think they're connected?