HP Scanjet 4100C compatibility?

I looked on the Microsoft website for XP compatibility for this scanner, with no luck. I'm thinking since it isn't showing it isn't compatible? The scanner was originally used on a w98 PC. When trying to load the software, it said it couldn't be used with WXP.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

10 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-22
I looked on the Microsoft website for XP compatibility for this scanner, with no luck. I'm thinking since it isn't showing it isn't compatible?
The scanner was originally used on a w98 PC. When trying to load the software, it said it couldn't be used with WXP. Tried to download from HP's website, but it was only upgrade only (which can't be done without loading the first one first). When we tried to use that one, error message said won't work and no other choices available. ?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar17.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-27
I've been using the 6300 softaware since XP was in Beta for my 4100c. The front buttons don't work half the time so I lanuch from the start menu. [ http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=us&softitem=sj674en&prodId=hpscanjet618414&lc=en&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software] It's the 95.27 MB download. You might try the button fix file. I can't remenber if I have or not. Also you may have problems installing on a system that you have tried other drivers and fixes so you might have to do a clean install of Windows. This would be best anyway. Hope this helps.

Reyede

data/avatar/default/avatar23.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-12-09
Good Day to all.
I have a similar problem with my ScanJet 4200 on 2000. I downloaded the parser from Adobe's website, and checked the MS knowledgebase, and still no luck. I think it's because Photoshop Deluxe 3.0 doesn't work on 2000, nor have I found any working patches. Personally I'm ready to go back to 98 because the compatability issues I'm having with 2000 are starting to really annoy me. Are you using PhotoShop, if so which version and is it working 100%?