Internet Connection problem after uninstall Norton antivirus 2003 manually! Help

I have uninstalled Norton Antivirus manually and after I reboot the computer, my laptop cannot connect to the internet anymore and keep saying that it cannot renew the ip address. I have tried many things including uninstall and reinstall the network adapter and also tried to use winsock xpfix, but all don't help.

Windows Networking 2246 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-28
I have uninstalled Norton Antivirus manually and after I reboot the computer, my laptop cannot connect to the internet anymore and keep saying that it cannot renew the ip address. I have tried many things including uninstall and reinstall the network adapter and also tried to use winsock xpfix, but all don't help. All the connection is ok except the renewing of ip address. Can someone here is an expert on this? Please help.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-20
I had the exact same problem. Incredibly frustrating. I'll never use Norton products again. But to their credit, Norton did create a special uninstaller for this reason (I suppose).

Step 1: Install Norton 2003 to get your Internet working again.

Step 2: Uninstall with this:

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/consumer/Rnav2003.exe

When you're done, I suggest getting the free version of AVG antivirus.

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Tom