lexmark3200 hack-what am I doing wrong?

The first time I did it, I was able to print a test page, but after rebooting I receive the spoolsv. exe error and the printer no longer worked. I deleted all the drivers and files from the installation and re-installed and it still does not work.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-12
The first time I did it, I was able to print a test page, but after rebooting I receive the spoolsv.exe error and the printer no longer worked.

I deleted all the drivers and files from the installation and re-installed and it still does not work.... I finally can get to the point where I do not get the spool error but nothing will print. It does however recognize that the printer is there and when it is on or off.

Are there more detailed instructions than the ones available??? Can anyone let me know what I did wrong???

Thanks in advance...

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

113 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-23
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by deleting all the files (maybe it's just what I'm explaining here), but here's what I did:

Delete every file under /WINNT/System32/spool/drivers/w32x86, and also every file under \WINNT\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86. For some reason after I did this (and rebooted as far as I can remember) the setup program ran just fine! (without the spoolsv error or the "..subsystem unavailable" error). If Windows doesn't allow you delete some of the files, try and reboot, that helped in my case. You have to delete every file. Someone also told me that I should've deleted every lexmark entry in the registry. I didn't do that and everything worked just fine.

Andy

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-12
OP
Andy, thanks for responding...

Seems to be working after deleting all registry entries...

Are you getting a long pause during a print job?? It seems to work, but I encounter a long pause during all print jobs. Is this normal using the hack???

Thanks

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

113 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-23
Hi,

Nope, I haven't noticed any pauses during printing. But then again I havent actually done much printing yet, just tried it out a few times. But I'm sure I would've noticed any long pauses. Do you have a scanner attached to the same printer port as the Lexmark? Sometimes I had a "pause" problem with my old HP printer, if my scanner wasn't turned on. Although that's probably not what's happening in your case...

Anyhow, it's good that the hack worked!

Andy