M1 Tank Platoon 2 under W2000

Does anyone know how to get this game running under Win2K? I get a missing file error for the video driver but the game goes to the main menu selection but drop out when you try to start a mission of any sort.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-13
Does anyone know how to get this game running under Win2K? I get a missing file error for the video driver but the game goes to the main menu selection but drop out when you try to start a mission of any sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

------------------
Alex Smith
Australia

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

175 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-19
Asked this long ago - NO. It won't work, sadly, as I wanted it too! And thanks to HasCRAP, we will never see M1TPIII ever!

The only thing I can suggest - Panzer Elite works under Win2K - but needs some minor tweaking.

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

76 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-21
Quote:<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Zamarocy:
Asked this long ago - NO. It won't work, sadly, as I wanted it too! And thanks to HasCRAP, we will never see M1TPIII ever!

The only thing I can suggest - Panzer Elite works under Win2K - but needs some minor tweaking.
</font>

Mike-any clue where a copy of Panzer Elite can be found???

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-13
OP
Thanks very much for the help and advice. It is a shame that it wont run under W2K. I agree with the sentiments about Hasbull and their dissolution of their simulation section. Oh well, someone else will eventually take up the flag and make great military sims. I just hope it is not Microsoft!
Cheers

------------------
Alex Smith
Australia

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

76 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-21
Quote:<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Zamarocy:
Try going to their website. There is a forum there as well.

http://www.panzerelite.com/
</font>

Thanks Mike. Gonna try to hunt a used copy down.

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

175 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-19
Its a real shme that M1TPII does not work. But I have heard somewhere that MP might be sold (again) to a French company

As for Panzer Elite? I think you will find it as good, if not BETTER than M1TP! I do. But I hardly ever play it as the gunner. I use the hatch open commander's position, and direct the gunner/platoon from there. And it can be VERY hard, specially when there are Tiger's tagging yer *** from miles away! Also, the infantry and support vehichles are well modeled, and actualy work too!

Go here for more PE goodies once you get it:

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~pref8u/PE.htm

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

74 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-27
LoW-Beta - somewhat good news though this is some time later. Not too long ago, and new updated version of Panzer Elite was released! And it has more stuff added. So if you never found a used copy of the original, you can get the new one for around $19.

But have not tried M1TPII on XP yet. Someday I will . . . . .