Maintenance apps for NT 3.51?

Does anyone know where I can get a program that can list and kill processes on NT 3. 51, and additionally where a compatible disk defragger can be downloaded (apparently Diskeeper 1 was NT 3. 51 compatible).

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar14.webp

302 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-12-18
Does anyone know where I can get a program that can list and kill processes on NT 3.51, and additionally where a compatible disk defragger can be downloaded (apparently Diskeeper 1 was NT 3.51 compatible).

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-29
Did you find what you were looking for---- I would also like the answer???

data/avatar/default/avatar14.webp

302 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-12-18
OP
No sadly I didn't

Apparently the only disk defrag app that I have ever heard of that got writtern for NT 3.x was Diskeeper 1! (so much for that).

As for a taskmanger style program I have just about given up. Most of the utils on the otherwise brilliant www.sysinternals.com don't work on NT 3.x (a large chunk of the pstools included). I did hear whispers of an NT 3 resource kit with something resembling a process killer contained within... but if it ever existed I can find no links. Honestly how MS could market these earlier NT OSes as serious business products and NOT include a process monitor/killer is beyond me.

On a completely different note do the Sun JRE plugins work on NT 3.51? (for the MS IE 5.01 and NS 4.75 browsers) I can get them to install but java sites don't seem to make use of them.