Managed to fix Geforce4 Mx 440 SE problems

Yah, for a long time I've been plagued with ugly colored streaks whilst playing games on my geforce4 mx440 (PCI interface) with windows XP and Abit KT7A-RAID mobo. It looks like a huge chunk of the wall would just be sticking out in some games, while in others these colored squares would just appear out of nowhere.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-08-21
Yah, for a long time I've been plagued with ugly colored streaks whilst playing games on my geforce4 mx440 (PCI interface) with windows XP and Abit KT7A-RAID mobo. It looks like a huge chunk of the wall would just be sticking out in some games, while in others these colored squares would just appear out of nowhere. I know that I've searched through about a gross dozen of websites, browsing through countless forums, trying to find other people who might have a solution. I've heard that with the AGP interface they could change the voltage settings to fix it, (but you can't do that for PCI interfaces very easily), that some people even went so far as to cram a piece of wood (yes, from a tree) into their computer to change the shape of the card. I tried overclocking, underclocking, over 20 different drivers (leaked, official, WHQL, Omega, Forceware/detonater) to no avail. I flashed my mobo's bios to the newest version, didn't work. But finally, FINALLY, I found a way. It is a pretty simple solution, but yet a lot of people haven't done it... just flash the video card's BIOS!

http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

That link conatins all the tools you need. Any questions about how to flash video BIOS... ask someone else, this post is long enough as is.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.