NBA Live 2004 problem...direct X?

Alright, here's my story. NBA Live 2004 used to be running fine. . . then, i installed an old game (for fun) Swat 3: Close quarters combat, which required directX media 6. 0 (provided on CD). So, i installed them and presto! Nba live 2004 started but the EA logo freezes halfway.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-09
Alright, here's my story. NBA Live 2004 used to be running fine...then, i installed an old game (for fun) Swat 3: Close quarters combat, which required directX media 6.0 (provided on CD). So, i installed them and presto! Nba live 2004 started but the EA logo freezes halfway. Same goes for an old game, Fallout 2 where the interplay logo freezes halfway. I tried reinstalling directx 9.0c, newest nvidia drivers and even installed windows media player 10 and internet explorer (which my friends tell me is useless) BUT it (one of them) solved the problem of the freezing of intro movies.That's the good thing BUT when i was in NBA live 2004 playing the game. The motions of the players are erratic, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Almost like watching matrix! As for fallout 2, gameplay was no problem. BUT in the world map, movement was faster than normal, a lot faster which is not suppose to be. Can anyone tell me what's the problem? I am using windows XP installed with SP2.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-12
Originally posted by Lobaba:

Quote:Alright, here's my story. NBA Live 2004 used to be running fine...then, i installed an old game (for fun) Swat 3: Close quarters combat, which required directX media 6.0 (provided on CD). So, i installed them and presto! Nba live 2004 started but the EA logo freezes halfway. Same goes for an old game, Fallout 2 where the interplay logo freezes halfway. I tried reinstalling directx 9.0c, newest nvidia drivers and even installed windows media player 10 and internet explorer (which my friends tell me is useless) BUT it (one of them) solved the problem of the freezing of intro movies.That's the good thing BUT when i was in NBA live 2004 playing the game. The motions of the players are erratic, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Almost like watching matrix! As for fallout 2, gameplay was no problem. BUT in the world map, movement was faster than normal, a lot faster which is not suppose to be. Can anyone tell me what's the problem? I am using windows XP installed with SP2.  
Hi it's dean here this is my first time on this site I came across it looking for the latest version of direct x media. I have a story very similar to yours and maybe we could both help each other out. I also have swat 3 and have just the other night went to install it again and as you say it asks for direct x media. Well I don't know much about this sort of thing but I knew that i had direct x 9 installed on my computer but was not sure if this included the direct x media so I just went and installed it. Now swat 3 works but the cut scenes at the start of the game so far are very jumpy and the sound is not great either but when I start the first mission the sound seems fine and it seems to be playing ok. However I also had a game recently purchased called Alais and when I installed this before I had direct x media installed the game was not playable for the sound and the film in the game is not able to be listened to but I found that after last night installing swat 3 etc that just out of trying alais again for the hell of it that it now seems to work not perfectly but about 90% better than it was. The only thing that I have noticed is that the people speaking does not seem to be playing in time with the sound. Anyway I will ask a couple of people if they might know what the answer would be but sorry I can't be of anymore help to you.