NBA Live 2004 problem...direct X?

Alright, here's my story. NBA Live 2004 used to be running fine. . . then, i installed an old game (for fun) Swat 3: Close quarters combat, which required directX media 6. 0 (provided on CD). So, i installed them and presto! Nba live 2004 started but the EA logo freezes halfway.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-09
Alright, here's my story. NBA Live 2004 used to be running fine...then, i installed an old game (for fun) Swat 3: Close quarters combat, which required directX media 6.0 (provided on CD). So, i installed them and presto! Nba live 2004 started but the EA logo freezes halfway. Same goes for an old game, Fallout 2 where the interplay logo freezes halfway. I tried reinstalling directx 9.0c, newest nvidia drivers and even installed windows media player 10 and internet explorer (which my friends tell me is useless) BUT it (one of them) solved the problem of the freezing of intro movies.That's the good thing BUT when i was in NBA live 2004 playing the game. The motions of the players are erratic, sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Almost like watching matrix! As for fallout 2, gameplay was no problem. BUT in the world map, movement was faster than normal, a lot faster which is not suppose to be. Can anyone tell me what's the problem? I am using windows XP installed with SP2.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-09
OP
Originally posted by Alec§taar:

Quote:I think you made a mistake in installing the older DirectX 6.0 from the older game's CD-Rom...  
(IIRC, Microsoft's DirectX implementation is fully 'backward compatible', meaning that newer builds of DirectX should theoretically work on older games that use say, Dx8 & below, just fine.)

What you might want to try is to get the download of JUST DirectX 9.0 c (latest one) & install it.

* Give that a shot!

APK

P.S.=> It's worked here before in the past is why I mention this about your DirectX problem. Folks had problems in DirectX 9.0b (which had some known or discovered "bugs" in it) & overwriting/up[censored]/upgrading their DirectX version solved their problems, & maybe yours as well... apk

uhm, yeah, i think my direct x is 9.0b but when i try installing 9.0c, it just says that the components are installed and ready for use BUT it acutally didnt install AT ALL. HOw do i force install direct x 9.0c then?

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Windows XP SP2 has DirectX 9.0c included

You could run SFC /SCANNOW to force Windows File Protection to replace the DirectX 6.0 installation, however, you'll need your installation media handy.

Most likely after replacing the files with SFC you'll need to reinstall SP2.

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-09
OP
Originally posted by adamvjackson:

Quote: Windows XP SP2 has DirectX 9.0c included 
You could run SFC /SCANNOW to force Windows File Protection to replace the DirectX 6.0 installation, however, you'll need your installation media handy.

Most likely after replacing the files with SFC you'll need to reinstall SP2.
uh. i do not understand....

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Start -> Run

SFC /SCANNOW

Insert your Windows XP CD when/if prompted

After completing (may take +/- 10 minutes) reboot and reinstall XP SP2.