need for speed 2 windows 2000 problem

i cant get need for speed 2 to work on windows 2000 anymore. now when i try to run the game it will give me this message! abort message: displaywindow - DOES NOT WORK IN THIS DISPLAY MODE (isdisplaymodex()=1) i tried reinstalling it and changing my resolutions and colours and changing the refresh rates and it still ...

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar13.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-15
i cant get need for speed 2 to work on windows 2000 anymore. now when i try to run the game it will give me this message!

abort message: displaywindow - DOES NOT WORK IN THIS DISPLAY MODE (isdisplaymodex()=1)

i tried reinstalling it and changing my resolutions and colours and changing the refresh rates and it still wont work! please help i dont know what to do
? ? ?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar15.webp

1047 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-04-17
If you reinstalled your OS you might need to apply the compatibility update again. Try downloading it again and reinstalling it. Check your DirectX configuration to see if everything is working ok.

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-10
Need for Speed 2 works perfectly on my Windows NT Workstation 4.0 w/SP6a setup. no lag or anything. I dunno what your problem is. Maybe pmistry is right, its time for an OS reinstall.