Need For Speed II SE and Windows 2000

Hello. I installed NFS2SE on Win2K without problems, but the game refuses to run. Upon execution, it displays a message: nfs2sen. exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. A log will be created.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

18 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-06-28
Hello.

I installed NFS2SE on Win2K without problems, but the game refuses to run. Upon execution, it displays a message:

"nfs2sen.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. A log will be created."

Having consulted this website and other websites too, I read that NFS2SE should run with no problems, provided that I have the app compatibility update and SP1/SP2. Now, I have SP4, which has the app compatibility already inside. I tried running under Win95/98 compatibility - no avail.

Could it be that the latest Win2K service packs screwed compatibility that has been present in the earlier service packs?

Could it be that the problem is not Win2K but the hardware (my PC is fairly new, while NFS2SE is fairly old). In particular, I have a GeForce FX 5200 and 1GB of RAM.

Here I should also mentioned that we could get it to run on my friend's laptop, who has WinXP, Radeon 7500 and 256MB of RAM.

Is there anything I can do to make it run on my computer?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

18 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-06-28
OP
Replying to my own post here...

Apparently, memory is the key (I read it somewhere, maybe here). I got the game to run if I set the pagefile size to 512MB. You gotta love the dumb games which get confused with too much memory... And I thought it could happen only to DOS game.

So the question which I would like to ask now: can I trick an application/game to think I have less memory without actually setting the memory to this low value? Because I don't normally want to run with 512MB swapfile.