Need info on file name socks4455.exe! Possible virus?

I did a google search but didn't find anything. I'm asking because I realised that file was running at startup now and taking a lot of juice! Also my cable lights kept flashing like I was downloading something but I wasn't! So I installed Zone Alarm and kept getting attacked by the same IP.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

18 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-05
I did a google search but didn't find anything. I'm asking because I realised that file was running at startup now and taking a lot of juice! Also my cable lights kept flashing like I was downloading something but I wasn't! So I installed Zone Alarm and kept getting "attacked" by the same IP. Probably why the lights were flashing all the time. Anyways I ended the process and turn it off at startup but I'm wondering where that file came from! Now the cable is back to normal. The file is in the winnt/system32 folder. Also I can't reach this site anymore from home(at work now), well here and majorgeeks.com. Unless the site is always down after work, I really have a problem

Thanks!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

80 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-27
This is definitly not a windows file. End its task and delete it. Also make sure it's not copying itself at startup (look in registry). You could try lavasoft's Ad-aware to detect it, it's a adware/spyware removal utility.

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

18 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-05
OP
I'll check in the registry tonight. I already ran Ad-aware and it didn't find anything related to it. Checked with a trojan scanner also.