.Net Enterprise Server, C-Media 8738 Chip

Motherboard (Asus P4B533-E) has intergraded 6 channel audio with the C-Media 8738 Chipset. Using the drivers for Windows XP listed on the Asus site, I cannot get sound in. Net Enterprise Server. Driver is installed fine, no bangs listed in Device Manager.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Motherboard (Asus P4B533-E) has intergraded 6 channel audio with the C-Media 8738 Chipset. Using the drivers for Windows XP listed on the Asus site, I cannot get sound in .Net Enterprise Server. Driver is installed fine, no bangs listed in Device Manager. Everything seems installed fine, but I get system beeps from the internal pc speaker. I dual-boot that machine with 2k pro, (Different drivers, of course) and it works fine. Anyone have any ideas? By the way, it's RC1, Build 3663. If no one knows, I'll cross-post this on the .Net Enterprise Server newsgroup. Thanks in advance.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

1615 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-25
go to computer managment
go to services and turn windows audio to automatic instead of disabled

also make sure you go to your soundcard properties and turn up the hardware acceleration.

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
OP
Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I reboot into .Net.

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
OP
Just a follow-up; worked just as you described. Thanks again.

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

1615 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-25
Quote:Just a follow-up; worked just as you described. Thanks again.

sweet

so how are you liking .NET

I have been watch/experimenting with this beta for a long time and now that it is at RC1 it is much faster and more reliable, great features

I like that it is all disabled/ locked down from the start
you just enable what you need and you have a very stable playform.

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
OP
Initially, I wasn't that impressed... I just thought it was 2k server, with an XP interface... As I use it more, I am more and more impressed with some of the features that MS has implemented. Unfortunately, this "ease of use" may allow too many new network admins! LOL.