Norton 2002 Scripting Errors

Hello, I have attempted to fix the Internet Scripting errors that were occurring with my NAV 2002,(running on XP) everytime I tried to do a scan. Live update seemed to be functional. I found a post from this forum, from back in June 2004, with some excellent solutions posted by Lotus.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-23
Hello,
I have attempted to fix the Internet Scripting errors that were occurring with my NAV 2002,(running on XP) everytime I tried to do a scan. Live update seemed to be functional. I found a post from this forum, from back in June 2004, with some excellent solutions posted by Lotus. I tried them in order, and now I can't get past the Norton Information Update/Registration screen. An Internet scripting error still occurs, and the Back and Next buttons are inactive - the only option is cancel, which of course produces a warning that Norton will not function properly if I do not complete registration, etc. I have a couple of screen shots, and can provide more details if needed.

I appreciate any suggestions, I'm guessing I may need to contact Symantec at some point, because I am paying the yearly subscription fee, and they should be obligated to provide me with some form of support.

Thanks very much!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar20.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-01-23
OP
Never mind!

NAV 2002 is no longer supported by Symantec, so I hunted around and found a rebated upgrade to NAV 2005, no different than renewing my subscription. Sorry to waste your forum space....!