Nowell & WIn2000

How can I make windows 2000 to authenticate user database against Novell 5. 1 user database instead of its own? Now I have to log-in into the Novell network 1st, then log into the Windows 2ooo workstation, this kind of sucks because if the user account is not setup on the Win2k box then there is no way that user ca ...

Customization Tweaking 1789 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar08.webp

391 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-07-24
How can I make windows 2000 to authenticate user database against Novell 5.1 user database instead of its own? Now I have to log-in into the Novell network 1st, then log into the Windows 2ooo workstation, this kind of sucks because if the user account is not setup on the Win2k box then there is no way that user can use the system.
Any thoughts?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

3857 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-29
If you are connecting to a Novell forest, then you should be using Client32 from Novell as it passes your credentials through to the nearest authenticating server.

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

671 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-05-04
The Client32 software actually creates an account on the NT/2K box with the same username and password as the Novell account.

If you're using ZenWorks as well, you can specify the level of access that they have under NT/2k such as User/Power User/Administrator and so-on. You can also lock down certain things such as the Control Panel.

If you don't have ZenWorks, it may be worth investing in.