Nvidia 40.72 & Games

I tried the Nvidia 40. 72 with Links 2003. After installing the Nvidia 40. 72, Links 2003 ran fast. . . however, I started to get some video glitches. The glitches seems to occur when changes were made on the screen.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

14 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-22
I tried the Nvidia 40.72 with Links 2003. After installing the Nvidia 40.72, Links 2003 ran fast...however, I started to get some video glitches. The glitches seems to occur when changes were made on the screen...like moving the pointer around or having dialog boxes popup. The gameplay was fine, but it was not as good as the previous driver versions. I have not tried these with all my games yet. Has anyone else noticed problems with these drivers?

Regards,

javajeff

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar37.webp

19 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-04
Yep... Although performance has noticeably increased in some games (NFS: HP2 for example), it seems these drivers (40.72 WHQL) have compatibility issues. When trying to play "The Fellowship Of The Ring", the graphics were all jerky and all textures were flashing (hope it's not a faulty GeForce3!), but with the 30.87 drivers I had no problem at all.

data/avatar/default/avatar11.webp

24 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-02
I got the 41.03 betas and all the issues in the 40.xx series seem to have cleared up. I too was having the issue in Lord of the Rings and 41.03 fixed that without going backward in drivers.

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2172 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-26
Quote:When trying to play "The Fellowship Of The Ring", the graphics were all jerky and all textures were flashing (hope it's not a faulty GeForce3!), but with the 30.87 drivers I had no problem at all.

Same problem here, BTW, what do you think of the game? I really haven't had a chance to evaluate it, due to the video problem. And yes, I am too lazy to change my video driver... I hate rebooting!

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

33 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-05-29
Got the same problem in Lord of the rings with these new drivers... works fine othewise though...

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

193 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-08
Quote:Quote:When trying to play "The Fellowship Of The Ring", the graphics were all jerky and all textures were flashing (hope it's not a faulty GeForce3!), but with the 30.87 drivers I had no problem at all.

Same problem here, BTW, what do you think of the game? I really haven't had a chance to evaluate it, due to the video problem. And yes, I am too lazy to change my video driver... I hate rebooting!

The funny part is, while the Fellowship 1.1 patch claims to fix the recent texture flashing problems; refuse to in actuality on 40.XX drivers.